OpenViBE is a software platform dedicated to designing, testing and using brain-computer interfaces.
It is a software for real-time neurosciences (that is, for real-time processing of brain signals). It can be used to acquire, filter, process, classify and visualize brain signals in real time.
It is free and open source software. It works on Windows and Linux operating systems.
The main OpenViBE application fields are medical (assistance to disabled people, real-time biofeedback, neurofeedback, real-time diagnosis), multimedia (virtual reality, video games), robotics and all other application fields related to brain-computer interfaces and real-time neurosciences.
Users can either be programmers or people not familiar with programming. This includes medical doctors, video game developers, researchers in signal-processing or robotics, etc..
- can use a vast selection of hardware EEG devices. You should assure yourself that the device you are using is compatible.
- is a multi-platform software. It works on Windows and Linux operating systems. For best performance use one of the officially supported Windows versions or Linux distributions.
- has many capabilities such as signal processing algorithms, machine learning functions and scripting support. It comes with several example applications and scenarios to illustrate their use.
- Official Website
- List of supported hardware
- List of supported architectures
- Full list of OpenViBE features
- OpenViBE Forum
Although Brain Products proudly supports all of our hardware and software solutions, these external toolboxes are not officially supported by Brain Products. We do, however, work closely with the developers to ensure the highest level of integration with our products.